Friday, February 24, 2012

Disney World Food

Since I've written about the Goofy Race weekend I thought I'd share some of the "must have" food items on anyone Disney race weekend. To start the day off with some vitamins I recommend a Pineapple Dole Whip or the Float. Delicious. Dole Whips are available at Magic Kingdom and the Polynesian resort. The float is only available at the Magic Kingdom. You don't want to eat anything that will upset your stomach so I usually bring Ramen noodles with me. In addition to the Ramen for dinner Friday night I enjoyed a very large cinnamon roll (hey, I needed those carbs). Carrot cake for Momma. After the half marathon I enjoyed a buffet breakfast at Chef Mickeys. Dinner was just Ramen noodles and some chocolate milk though. The best part of the weekend is when the Marathon is over. All of the runners have the same idea, splurge on ice cream and fried goodness. Before taking a shower I recommend a Mickey Bar. You will be walking so slow at this point that you can savor every bite on the long walk back to your room (I am almost always put at the furthest point from the main lobby). Later, indulge in a Ghiradeli sundae (one was for momma). To enjoy the sundae you need to take a trip to DownTown Disney. If that isn't enough to satisfy you order up some Beignets. Fried dough goodness covered in powdered sugar. That is not a complete list of goodness, but we only had so much time to eat and enjoy the Florida sunshine. This also requires having someone saying, "are you sure you don't want a..." Which translates to, "I'd really like to eat ___, but only if you want to share one."

1 comment:

  1. all that food is making hungry. Looks yummy!
    Nothing beats a Dole Whip.. umm umm good

    ReplyDelete