Monday, September 8, 2014

NYS Fair

 Mom, Papa Bear, Jen, Little Dude and I went to the State Fair a few weeks ago.  I hadn't been in a really long time and was beyond excited for the little things that I remembered from being a kid.  The butter sculpture, 25 cent glasses of the most delicious chocolate milk, the bridge with a different painting on it, the sand sculpture and of course all kinds of animals (with the little ducklings in their pool with a slide being my favorite).
 It was a really neat Dr. Seuss sand sculpture with all sorts of characters and those tongue twisters from the books.  But the bridge was gone.  It should be in the area where the building entrance is but now is a bunch of flowers.  Perhaps it just kind of crumbled and they didn't rebuild.  Disappointment from Jen and I but we did enjoy sitting in the shade with a nice breeze while mom went to get Papa Bear a baked potato for $1.  She didn't want to wait in line for over an hour and walked up to a lady near the front and offered to buy her a potato and drink if she would get a potato for my mom as well.  Hmm, who wouldn't go for the free food and a drink if offered?
 I had to laugh at the cows all buttered up and ready to be judged.  I also felt bad for them since they looked like they needed to go and help make our chocolate milk.  While they were walking they were "leaking" milk everywhere.
 Maybe it didn't smell as bad as you would think in the cow barn because they were washed, blow dried, buzz cut and then shellacked with a variety of products as evidenced in the bin below.  Must be nice to be a State Fair cow instead of back at the farm munching in the fields attracting flies.
 I got a kick out of the sign in the bathroom that said NO Tipping.  Obviously it was meant for an employee who might be cleaning up but still, in the cow barn bathroom.  It's ok to laugh.
 The biggest reason we all went was so Michael could see his first concert.  We took turns dancing with him and he was moving/shaking/smiling the entire time.
I had the pleasure of entertaining the Little Dude on the car ride home so he wold go to bed about his normal time.  I am going to toot my own horn here and say I did a good job with the help of some Baby Einstein thing Jen pulled up on the phone (I make a good "tv" holder) and then just making sil

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! It is not easy being a back seat baby entertainer, so great job!

    ReplyDelete