Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mom's are the BEST!

Everyone says that there mom is the best and I have to agree that there is just something about the mom that you call yours that makes her the best.  We all have a special bond with our mom's that is always there.  My mom sent me an e-mail last week and tweaked a few things that another girl had written about her own mom to reflect our relationship.  In all honesty though she didn't have to change a whole lot about it.  But now it is time for me to tell you about what makes my mom the BEST mom ever.
 She is always willing to listen.  She could be super busy with a million other things happening but will drop everything just to help you.  Case in point, when I called her because water was dripping from the ceiling and I had to leave for an interview in an hour.  She came over and took care of the small mess so I could get ready.  She also tried to figure out where it was coming from so we could fix it later.  It stopped dripping and we know that it was from the extreme melting of the snow from the previous day.  Still will be fixing the vent for the fan though to keep from happening in the future.  
 The random gifts just because she loves you and knows it will put a smile on your face.  Plus the fact that every time you use or see the item you will think of her and know how loved you are.  Zip id case that matches my Vera Bradley bag because I mentioned something like it and how it would be perfect for when I have to leave keys and id in the office while subbing.  The random sparkle skirts because they are cute and you happened to be at work when the limited edition one became available and sold out in an hour.
 Mom is always looking for ways to take care of me.  It can be spending a few hours wandering stores aimlessly with me because both of us are procrastinating on cleaning or doing laundry at our homes.  Well, since we have been out wandering aimlessly in the store how about we go have dinner together?  That right there, making sure I have enough to eat.  Just stopping by to say hi since I am home and she wanted to drop off a cup of coffee for me and they happened to have my favorite flavor available.  Guess who is having French Toast coffee for the next month.  A French Toast breakfast dish also arrived piping hot  Sunday morning.
My mom is always doing nice things for everyone, not just me.  She is kind and thoughtful.  She is so many things but most important, she is my mom and she is the best.  *Oh, and everything mentioned in this post happened in the past week alone*


4 comments:

  1. I always knew who her favorite was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we do have some pretty great moms!! Haha Jen, love the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen you just need to move back home and she will bring you breakfast dishes and go shopping with you or bake cookies with you to procrastinate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those packs of wegmans cookies can be shipped easily,

      Delete